The OSTRC questionnaire module can be easily customized for each team. To personalize your OSTRC questionnaire open Team settings - Injury Surveillance (OSTRC).
- To ask athletes to complete a baseline/onboarding questionnaire before they can start to record the OSTRC questionnaire, select the appropriate option in the Onboarding questionnaire section (Questionnaire must have been previously created in Settings-Questionnaire settings).
- To specify which day of the week athletes must complete the OSTRC questionnaire, select the appropriate day in the Day of Week section.
- To administer the questionnaire every two weeks, instead of every week (default), select the 2 Weeks option in the Show Every section.
- To ask the athlete if he/she started using new medication every week, set the Medication use option to Show.
- To ask the athlete if he/she contacted the medical team, set the Contact with Medical Team option to Show.
- To add custom questions to the weekly survey, set the Custom Questions Page option to Show.
Enabling specific health problems
To restrict your health monitoring to specific categories, set the unwanted categories to Hide. In the example below, athletes will be able to report Acute injuries, Illnesses and Mental health problems, but not Overuse injuries.
Customizing color scheme
To modify the colors representing the answers presented to athletes, select your preferred option in the Color scheme section.
The selected color scheme will also be applied to the OSTRC compliance/Health tab available from the Team Dashboard.
Customizing introduction text
To change the survey’s introduction text (athlete will see this), make the required changes in the Introduction and Reminders sections and save.
Verify the health survey’s reminder (athletes will see this) and make the required changes and save.
Customizing the OSTRC questionnaire questions/answers
To adapt the OSTRC questionnaire to your specific context, modify the text displayed in the Questions section and save.
Customizing definitions of health problems
To modify default definitions, scrolll down to the Type of Health Problem section and make the necessary changes.
Adding custom questions
To add custom questions to the questionnaire, set the Custom Questions Page to Show. Then add questions, answers, sub-questions, etc. These questions will be asked at the end of the OSTRC questionnaire.
If you want a question to be displayed only when the athlete reports a health problem, tap the 'medical' icon, and select the type of health problem(s) that should trigger the question. If you don't, the question and related answers will always be asked to the athlete.
Adding custom questions to the Team Dashboard
To add custom questions to the team dashboard, select the Team Settings-Readiness Dashboard option. Then scroll down to the Injury Surveillance (OSTRC) section and set the questions you wish to add to the dashboard to Show.
If custom questions are asking for numerical data, a click on the dashboard will automatically display a graph. Else, the matching recommendation will be displayed.
Adding alerts and recommendations to custom questions
To attach alerts and staff/athlete recommendations to the custom questions, proceed as follow:
select the Team Settings-Alerts option. Then scroll down to the Injury Surveillance (OSTRC) section and set the questions you wish to add to the dashboard to Show.
Click the settings/gear icon, enter the name of the issue and click the + green icon. Then, enter the answer(s) selectable by the athlete and select a color. Enter the recommendations displayed to staff and athlete when the alert is found, select Activate and Save.