The Garmin integration allows athletes to easily transfer session data into AthleteMonitoring from any Garmin device.
Once imported, Garmin data is automatically viewable in team and individual dashboards, graphs and reports. Period totals, ACWR and other key metrics are automatically calculated using the Garmin data.
Activating the integration for a team
- Open "Team Settings" for the desired team.
- Under "General"->"Modules" activate "Garmin Import" and save (if this option is not available, please contact us to activate the Garmin integration on your AthleteMonitoring account).
- Garmin data fields will be automatically created as custom fields under "Training Forms". These fields will be used to host the Garmin data.
- If there are data fields you don't need, simply delete them by clicking on the red cross.
- You can also change the field unit and ACWR formulas used to analyze each metric and produce alerts.
DO NOT rename the Garmin fields
Transferring Garmin data onto AthleteMonitoring
- After a session, athletes transfer their exercise data from their Garmin device onto their Garmin Connect account.
- Then, they open AthleteMonitoring to record their session.
- When AthleteMonitoring finds Garmin data for the selected day, sessions with Garmin data will be represented by a button
- The athlete should press the button matching the exercise session to import, enter the other information as normal (RPE, additional training variables, etc) and save the session.
Viewing session data
Once the session is saved, open the calendar, click on a session containing Garmin data, and click/press the Garmin logo to display the session details.