With AthleteMonitoring, you can easily import data from Polar Team Pro and integrate this data in just a few seconds. Here is how to do it.
Step 1 - Add Polar Team variables as custom fields in Team settings
a) Export Polar data as an Excel file with your Polar software
b) Open the Polar file
c) On AthleteMonitoring, open your team settings (Team Settings->Training Forms->Custom fields) and create a custom field for each metric (HR min [bpm], HR avg [bpm], , Total distance [m], etc) you want to import . Make sure that names of the fields are exactly matching those displayed in the Excel file.
- Make sure to select the ‘Imported’ field option so the fields are kept hidden on the athlete’s app
- Make sure to set custom field names as they are listed in the Polar's Excel file (eg: "Total distance" will not work, "Total distance [m]" will)
Step 2 - Importing the data
- With the Polar software, export your session's data to Excel
- On AthleteMonitoring's planning calendar, add the session for which you want to import data
- On the calendar, click on the planned session's name and click on the export button
- On the newly exported spreadsheet enter athletes' RPE, feedback and paste the HR / GPS data from the Polar file in the appropriate columns. Save the Excel file.
- Click on the session you want to import data for and on the import button
- In the Import Session Data section, select the AthleteMonitoring spreadsheet containing RPE and GPS data and click Import
- A confirmation message will be displayed
Accessing imported data
Once imported, heart rate and GPS data will be accessible in all training graphs, logs and exports.
Adding GPS alerts to the team dashboard
To add any GPS variable on the team dashboard, open Team Settings->Readiness Dashboard->Training, select Show and click Save. Team dashboard will automatically display the variable with the corresponding alerts.